Monday, February 27, 2017

James' Response

I reached out to an author that has been fascinated by the puzzles since around the time I was born...James Renner.  I've never met Mr. Renner, but I know his name, because when I was young, a child by the name of Amy Mihaljevic was murdered about an hour from where I was living at the time, in Ohio.  I would see her missing posters in store windows and at the mall on occasion.  James Renner has researched her abduction and subsequent murder. 

Amy was cute.  She kinda reminded me of me.

So every couple of months, I google "James Renner", find his blog, and see if there are any new developments.  No arrests so far, which is a shame.  As they say, justice delayed is justice denied.

Anyway, I emailed James because it was while I was reading up on Amy Mihaljevic that I discovered his interest in Byron Preiss and "The Secret: A Treasure Hunt".  I had heard for years that there was "buried treasure" in Milwaukee, but I didn't know much more than that.  His interest became my interest, and so here I am.

The good news? Mr. Renner didn't find a casque or a key in Milwaukee, but he thinks he got pretty close.  I didn't ask any more questions, because I don't want what he thinks he knows to cloud what I think I know.  Or will know. 

Key Point:
  • The hunt is still very much on!   


 

No comments:

Post a Comment