Monday, February 27, 2017

The Method to My Madness

I've always been exceedingly impressed by detectives.  In most cases, a detective can follow a logical path of reasoning to achieve a probable conclusion.  They use deductive reasoning to achieve an end. 

My mind doesn't quite work that way.

My mind is like a big bowl of spaghetti.  All sorts of different but interconnected strands that somehow manage to make up a whole conclusion, however ugly or disjointed. 

This blog will likely be following the spaghetti path.  I am going to throw out every detail I can think of, and find.  A lot of what I will be doing is speculation.  To quote Sarah Koenig of Serial fame, "All speculation is equally speculative".  I will even be throwing out information, details, and possible clues that I don't even believe are necessary to solve the mystery and find the treasure, because while it is a detail that I have shrugged off, others may see something I don't.

So, cheers to spaghetti reasoning.

No comments:

Post a Comment